InWorldz Halcyon Server 0.9.38
This update is running on the InWorldz Beta grid, as well as InWorldz Sandbox 1 to 6 regions on the main grid. If all goes well in testing, all regions will receive the update, overnight Tuesday May 8 into Wednesday morning. It is mostly a stability release with some bug fixes that have collected since the previous release:
llParcelMediaQuery([PARCEL_MEDIA_COMMAND_DESC])to return the correct value. Fixes Issue #425.
DELETEoptions. (Previously only supported
POST.) Fixes Mantis #3367.
NULL_KEYwas previously being incorrectly filtered out and the change was not applied. It has been fixed to allow the settings for specular and normal textures to be cleared.
- Fixed a null reference exception when an object attempted to set a Media-on-a-Prim (MOAP) whitelist. This would result in the change not being applied.
- Fixed a second null reference exception fetching prim properties if a
PRIM_MEDIA_WHITELISTwas present. This would have caused serious problems such as a failure to send updates, an exception during region persistence (storage), or any time the prim is then copied, except that the whitelist setting bug above likely prevented all cases of a whitelist from being specified.
- Fixed support for outbound scripted HTTPS requests to include support for TLS 1.2, which allows new connections to new destinations unavailable in the previous release. See #445 for more. This was causing problems for a couple of InWorldz creators, including the inIW.net Marketplace.
- Several automated testcases were added, fixed and updated. (These allow automated testing of the relevant code, allowing problems in the areas being tested to be caught prior to deployment in this and future releases, and to help prevent regression problems from appearing.)
Halcyon Open-Source Project
- Added reasonable values to the
Halcyon.sample.inifile for the missing
[Economy]section. This fixes Issue #439 and when renamed to
Halcyon.inior otherwise used, a startup exception.
InWorldz Webserver Updates
- The in-world time is now shown on the login screen, in the grid status box in the upper left corner. Both the 12-hour am/pm time and the 24h time are shown.
- The transaction history page has a "real" button now to start a CSV export. The exported transaction history CSV file itself now includes three new separate columns for object name, region name and position within the region of the object.
- Web API paths for our credit card processing provider have been updated after the provider broke several operations including Plus region renewals with backwards-incompatible changes. Hopefully these are now resolved by the URL updates.
The rollout of the 0.9.38 release candidate server, currently installed on InWorldz Sandbox 1 to 6 regions, was originally planned for overnight tonight, however it has not had sufficient "soak test" time elsewhere (such as the I'z Straits and Ocean regions). As a result, the full-grid rollout has been postponed until overnight next Tuesday, May 15 and into Wednesday morning.